Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tervigon MK 2 WIP

I needed another Tervigon, and decided that I wanted to try a different approach to him.  I have liked some of the upright Tervigons I have seen online.  This one takes a lot of ideas from terrorfex on warpshadow.com.  (link here spawnthis)  You can see it is based on the carnifex model with old genestealer arms.  I am going to magnetize the front arms again so I can switch out claws and talons.  I liked the head, until I saw online where someone had called it a bunny.  So all I see now is a bunny head on the monster.  I'll have to do something about that

I like the small, impotent looking arms.  They tend to draw your attention to the tail and head, and he doesn't look like a monster in close combat. 

I wanted it to have a grotesque egg-sack kinda like the brood mother on the aliens movie.  I think the second one.  So I brought in the beads.  I plan on covering them with greenstuff to make a sweet, bloated tail attached to the beast.  I am trying to decide to have one exit point for the termies out the end of the tail, or a couple spots along the tail with multiple tubes/exits.  The feeder tentacles are bass guitar strings that will be supplemented with green stuff.  Gotta cover the teeth and make 'em look more like tentacles.  I put him on a carnifex size base.  I need to take a pic of him next to a venomthrope, and my other tervigon for a nice family pic.

5 comments:

  1. I agree that the diminutive arms work well to display the rest of the model, without overpowering. As for the tail, are the eggs going to be attached to it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I want it to look like the eggs are coming out of the tail, like a boa that has just eaten a large deer or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, Royce, you are out of control. I love this thing. I can't wait to see it complete!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my favorite part of the model is how it uses the tail for balance and support without major legs to move. I'm curious to see how the whole egg situation turns out, definitely a cool looking model.

    ReplyDelete
  5. quite inspiring, I like it (her?) The slithering is wicked.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors