Sunday, March 28, 2010

Parasite of Mortrex

Another great Tyranid codex challenge.  An original tyranid warrior, a plastic hormagant, 2 new gargoyles, an old carnifex, and a trygon were mercilessly hacked to pieces for this parasite.  I like how he turned out.  I originaly had a old raverner head on, one with a big, open mouth full of teeth, but I like the Tyranid warrior head better.  I shaved the head crest down a bit to give it a little bit different look.  I added a brass tube to the end of the trygon tail to add the Hypodermic needle look to the tail. 


The wings turned out well.  I painted them with ork hide foundation paint, washed with baal red wash, and then drybrushed the arms with camo green.  Then I added some subtle stripes/veins with the dark green and red washes.  They are very faint, but are easier to see on the actual figure.

9 comments:

  1. Looking good! I like the hollow tail spike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome and inspiring! I love the wings and the tail - they really combine together to give the whole model the right aesthetic for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Royce, I'm not going to lie to you, I saw that, and a little pee came out. This may be my favorite one yet. I REALLY like how the back arches out like that. This thing looks real. The tail is cool, wings, everything. Man, I love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the comments. I tend to think of a lot of good ideas after I have already primed and gotten something half painted. He was a lot of fun to build and paint. I like having freedom to build a monster however I see fit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Royce, that is crazy good - you are the master.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genial brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG that is so cool

    ReplyDelete

Contributors