Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dark Eldar Trueborn Paint Test

So I painted up a single trueborn to try more metalics while maintaining the red/black armor theme.  I like what I have so far.  It is almost done.  Why a trueborn with close combat weapon and pistol you say?  I want to try a squad of 4 blasters, 4 with cc weapon and pistol, and a leader with agonizer or something to go with Duke Sliscus.  Then you can blow up the transport, and kill the unit in close combat.  Hopefully. 

Let me know what you think.  If there is any interest, I would be willing to do a step-by-step painting guide, because this model came together VERY fast.  It was an overcast day out, so I got some decent pictures without too much trouble.  I have found that I do a lot of drybrushing, washing, and a little bit of wet mixing.  All very easy techniques that are quick, as long as you do them right.

6 comments:

  1. Looks great! I'd suggest you add a few sharp highlights to the red if you want to get some more definition.

    Lovely conversion too, it's a great use of the Reaver biker parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you blend your colors. it looks amazing. I do have to agree with eversor that the model could use a highlight here and there.

    keep them coming.

    Cheers,
    Seb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. I've been thinking about making some Trueborns here in the near future.

    A very inspiring model.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. eversor and Warpaintguy: I may try some highlights and let you know how it works out. Thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings from Carolinа! I'm bored at work so I decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the info you present here and can't wаіt to take а
    lοok whеn I get home. I'm shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not
    even usіng WIFI, just 3G .. Anуways, νеry good sіte!



    my web-sіte - just click the following internet page

    ReplyDelete

Contributors