Friday, February 5, 2010

Tervigon WIP 3 Done

 
He's done.  I finished him up this morning for the Bell of Lost Souls Nid competition.  I ended up cutting a piece of board the size of the Trygon base, and mounting a brass rod from the base into the gut of the Tervigon.  Then I wrapped the central birthing canal around the brass rod.  He is also the first model with my new lights for photos.  Now my pics won't all be so dark.  I am still undecided on whether I like the egg sacks on the back or not.  The next one I build will probably be the same, with the egg sacks only underneath.  
I am also going to do a step-by-step on painting my Trygon.  I learned a lot about painting big bugs on this guy.