Friday, July 1, 2016

Dark Eldar vs Squatarii War Convocation

So for our final battle of the weekend, Aric and I played my Dark Eldar vs his Squatarii war Convocation.  We had to proxy some of his models, as most of his admech and squatarii stuff is still new in the box.  
My list was:
HQ:
Sslyth and medusa, venom dual splinter cannons

Troops:
2x 10 dark eldar warriors, 1 splinter cannon in Raider with splinter racks

Fast attack:
6 Reavers 2 Cluster caltrops
2x 5 scourges, 4 haywire blasters

Heavy support
Cronos spirit probe, spirit syphon
Ravager 3 dark lances

Formations
Corpse thief claw (yes I used it against my brother, I warned him, and he encouraged me to try it out)
Scalpel squadron

Aric's list
He had the skitarii war convocation.  
Knight with Stormspear pod, rapid fire battle cannon, and Chainsword.
His admech force included:
HQ: Tech priest Dominus

Troops:
3 Breachers (mostly assembled) Heavy arc rifle
3 Destroyers (proxied with my space wolf terminators) with plasma culverin

Heavy support
Kastelan robot maniple, heavy phosphor blaster top, twin linked heavy phosphor blasters

Other proxies - eldar warwalkers as dragoons, tau as skitarii rangers, and tau pathfinders as rustalkers and infiltrators (which we forgot to add until about turn three).


 My dark eldar on the carpet, waiting to be deployed.
 My deployment.
 For some reason, probably from the day before's planetstrike mission, I brought in the reserves turn one.  I should have started rolling turn two.  That may have made a big change to the result.
 First turn squatarii shooting casualties.  I think Squatarii scored like 2 objectives, turn one.
 Turn one dark eldar shooting casualties.  I had both haywire scourge groups, and the corpse thief claw shoot at the knight.  It was 8 haywire blasters, and five twin linked haywire blasters later, and the knight went up in a blaze of glory.  My scalpel squadron were unable to erase a five man squad of squatarii vangaurd.
 Turn two squatarii shooting casualties.  The scalpel squadron died quickly to the massed imperial shooting.  Those plasma culverins are brutal.  Two talos down.  At this point, I should have been running the talos every turn, and not shooting the haywire blasters.
 Turn two dark eldar shooting casualties.
 The dark eldar advance into the imperial guns.

 Turn three dark eldar shooting casualties, I focused on getting rid of the awesome hq model.  And kept the scourges on the dune crawlers.
 And lots more Dark eldar dead.
 This objective was hotly contested all game.  Aric's dune crawlers managed to make the scourge flee after winning an assault to take objective three.  The following turn, I was able to destroy both remaining dune crawlers, and take the objective with some assaulting Reavers.

The Dark Eldar won with 9-8 victory points.  It was close the whole game, and could have gone either way with a few important rolls of the dice.  It was a great game.  

2 comments:

  1. That conflict reveals a lot about the population disparity between Dark eldar and Craftworlders. Ulthwé is one of the most populous craftworlds, and The Kabal of the Jade Knife is... well, just another kabal. Share these posts as videos on YouTube, and you will get more followers, mate! Check on LenosTube, and they will help you. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its wonderful blog really very nice site and blog facility.every title is very nice and very fatastic concept.Private tutor in Tribeca Thanks for sharing the information.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors