Saturday, October 29, 2011

Female Haemonculus Conversion Painted

I really like the way this model came out.  I finally decided that she needs a light base to contrast the dark of her paint job.  The arms are all magnetized so she can have all kinds of different weapons.  I like how the double venom blades work in games.  The liquifier gun came out pretty cool too.  I really like the different shades of brown, with metal trim, and just a little red. 

The cloak/cape I really wanted to look like worn and dirty leather.  I originally painted it black, then drybrushed, washed and wet-blended every brown paint and ink I have onto it.
The liquifier came out pretty nice.  I painted it mechrite red, followed by blood red.  the highlight on the 'half-full' look is Iyanden Dark sun for the top yellow, then 50/50 Iyanden with mechrite red, and then pure mechrite red.  If you place the yellow first, then the mix as close as possible to the yellow edge, and the the mechrite, you can get some great blending and very thin lines. 

5 comments:

  1. Nice job man, really gives the model a dynamic pose. The factory version is a bit too static for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kaughnor, this guy is way better than the original. Great paint job too. And I still can't believe the spine is green stuff. Man Royce, keep churning out the 40k conversions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. extremely well done. been following for a while and this struck me as one of your best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. This model was a joy to assemble and paint. I have been trying to take my painting up a notch, and portray metals, cloth, skin etc. in a more realistic light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love it! Great to see another DE player. I just can't believe it took me this long to find the blog! Now if only I had the same drive/skill to sit down and convert/paint my models as I do playing them. For now I'll just oogle your models.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors