Monday, December 19, 2011

Talos WIP part 2

Here is my magnetized, assembled Talos.  The lighting isn't the best. I magnetized both arms with large magnets at the shoulders, and smaller magnets in the elbow.  The tail is magnetized, and so is the gun on the forearm.  I made the custom chain flails with the hook close combat weapon, 2 chains from a venom, and two chains from the raider sprue.  I think the hook weapon looks good with all the chains and hooks.  The gun mount came to me after I tried to mount it on the top of the carapace, on a tail tentacle, and a couple of other failure locations.  The arm looks pretty cool.  Just need to green stuff the hole on the top of the guns.
 You can see I mounted the talos top bony, injector thing on the underside of his legs.  Looks a lot like a spur on a fighting rooster.  May name him Foghorn Leghorn.



 Here are some changes I made to Brutus.  I gave him an extra tentacle arm, mounted the gun up high, and magnetized his arms a bit more. 
 I added a wrack close combat weapon on his left too.  Now to try a web way portal list.  2 Talos, reavers, scourges, big wyche squads, wracks, and probably some beasts.

5 comments:

  1. Very cool. Models like this is why I've just started to collected DE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely captures the unsettling nature of coven experimentation, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are the spiky bits with the yellow ends I've been looking for something like that for months

    ReplyDelete
  4. J thomas, sorry i missed your comment, they are root canal files. I am a dentist, but i am sure if you asked a nice dentist they would give you a few. Those are the large sized ones.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors