Friday, January 1, 2010

Farseer and council on Jetbike

















Originaly I thought these guys would be a little overkill, and not fun to play against. After getting trashed a few times, I thought it was time for a hard hitting, lasting eldar unit. I saw Path of the Outcast's seer council and stole a lot of his ideas. I loved the upright seer council. His jetbike was a bit hard to copy, so I modified my own.
I cut the lower part of the bike and moved the wings/jets back. I also thought that the psychic eldar didn't need handlebars or footpegs. Those are for guardians, so I shaved them off. This way the council is in a much more regal upright position ready to deal out some pain. The bodies are dark elf, cold one riders as are most of the head parts. I put the cool dark elf helmet pieces on gaurdian heads to spruce them up a bit.
I am still undecided on the rooster tails. I think they work well to distinguish them from the other jetbikes in the army. I also can't decide which should be the farseer. Originaly I thought the one with the mace in his left hand and Yriel's spear in the right, but now I like Yriel's left hand guy. It looks like he is frying some poor marine's mind while he is flying. We'll see.

10 comments:

  1. Hmm... I'd probably stick with the right-arm/mace guy as the Farseer. The different weapon makes him really stand out. The other is cool, but looks more like "part of the squad".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I think I will stick with the mace guy. Now to boost it to 8 guys, and get em painted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like the games workshop upright chopper pose design on the guardian jetbikers, but it definately works with this seer council, especially with the cold one rider bodies. They look so aloof and regal.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get your warlock head for the seer counsel? it looks plastic and i been looking everywhere for plastic warlock heads to convert my own seer counsel. Love your blog you are very skilled and conversions and painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Zackret. Two metal heads you probably recognize from metal warlocks that were snipped off. The plastic heads are eldar guardian heads with dark elf cold one rider helmet accessories that I snagged on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The other warlock just has some eldar guardian back spines glued on, as you can probably tell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thx for the comment eldaraddict. Btw im in love with your Autarch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. excellent points and the details are more precise than elsewhere, thanks.

    - Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this entry...really love your blog, i'm a fairly new Eldar player and this is a great resource for any Eldar player...followed buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kenny,

    Thanks for the comment. I was just looking at these models the other day thinking they are long overdue for some paint. The dark eldar have been just coming together very quickly, so I am riding the excitement wave with them. The craftworlders need some love sometime soon though. I will try to keep you interested. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors