magnetize your trygon part 1Next I flattened the end of the mandible-claws, and drilled a hole in the end for another nail head. I made sure it fit well, then green stuff and superglued the nail in. I did the same for the Trygon and Mawloc mandible-claws.
For the tail, I thought that pins would work best. I put two brass rods in the main part of the tail. The most important thing is to get the pins absolutely parallel. I also marked the tail sections with a sharpy to ensure I put the drill bit in the right direction. With only one pin, the tail tended to spin. Two kept them secure.
I finally wanted to magnetize the chestplate with the adrenal gland. I measured down a bit from the premade hole and prepared another hole for another 1/8" x 1/32"small magnet.
Next I measured the same distance and put a nail head in each chestplate.
I glued the arms for the trygon on. I was looking for a 'turning' look, but am not real pleased with the arms. Maybe I will reposition them.
Here is the completed Mawloc.
Now to paint the beast. After putting him together, he may be my favorite model ever. If GW keeps putting out this quality, they will have me hooked for years more. Admitting adiction is the first step to recovery.