Saturday, February 7, 2009

Revenant Titan part 2











The Revenant is about 80% done. I have been trying out freehand painting, and it has been coming along pretty well. I painted the shoulder pads light yellow and then drew the designs on the shoulders with a mechanical pencil. Once I had a design I liked, (pilfered from Warhammer fantasy elves) I put the paint to the drawing. They came out pretty good. I still have a few touch-ups to do on them.
The Stipple pattern was done by first spray painting most of the model a medium blue, and then stippling layers of storm blue, enchanted blue, and finaly regal blue. I found that a twisting-dabbing pattern with the brush worked well with thick paint. If the paint got too watery, then the stipple pattern became very round. With thick paint I was able to get an interesting stipple pattern.
I have been considering what to do on the back fin. I don't like what is there now. I am thinking of doing a dark brown vine pattern over the yellow and white sections. We'll see how it turns out.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you make this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz respond as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. kudos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words. I actually just used one of the templates on blogger, and tweaked the colors a little. Most are the stock colors on blogger. Hopes that helps.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors