Monday, May 23, 2011

New Wracks and Grotesques


 These pics showed up this morning at a bunch of sites.  I really like the Wracks.  I would love to run 20 of these guys with Haemonculus support.  They would have Feel No Pain, and Furious charge from the get go, with only strength 8 or above cancelling out the FNP.  I really like their funky backpacks, but will need some adjustments on their arms and skirt poses.  It looks like they are going to be resin, which will be great for converting.  I bet they are going to be spendy though.
Grotesques look great.  I like the heads, the body, and overall feel of them.  Looks like they need some work to get them looking a little different.  I can see the arms and legs getting repositioned to look more unique. Those hands look like they need a basketball in them.  "hey look guys, I can palm the ball!"  Great models though overall.   Its great to be a Dark Eldar at the moment.  Great looking models, fun codex with a lot of options, lots of toys.  The nice thing about a lot of options in a dex, is that people aren't always exactly sure what to do with all your options.  They have seen thunderwolves, grey hunters, mephiston, hive guard etc.  a million times and have their ways to deal with them.  Grotesques?  scourges?  Wracks?  What do they do?

5 comments:

  1. They do look really awesome (just like the other Dark Eldar recently released), I just can't wait to see the whole Finecast range in details! The pictures so far look very promising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very cool. I am very impressed witht he Wracks/Grots, the Razorwing, and pain machine models. Definitly the opposite on the new Venom and Scourge models tho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wracks are up for pre-order along with their bigger brothers and Papa Haemonculus as well! They sell 5 Wracks in a box for 20.5 GBP. Not THAT bad considerint Incubi and Mandrakes are 18.5 GBP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them all. My favorites are the razorwing, wracks, scourges. The venom looks nice, and I will probably get some grotesques too. Have to finish current projects first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Grots are okay but the price... I need to find a more cost effective unit. 5 Grots are going to cost over 100 USD.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors