Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Using markers for pack markings

Pack markings can go slowly, and get sloppy if you are tired of doing them.  I found a way to help. 

These pens are NOT waterproof, have .3 mm tips, and work great.  You can get them at Michael's art supply for about $12.

First, I put dots where I want to go with the lines.
Connect the dots.
 Then paint in the right spots.  Because these are NOT waterproof, they mix into the paint a little.  Not a big deal when you are painting the same color as the pen, but will mix in and blend if you use different colors.  That can be used to our benefit though, which will be the topic of my next post.  Shading with markers.

Here is the progress on the army.  So far so good.

2 comments:

  1. if you're having problems with teh markers leaking into the paint, you could always coat the area in a gloss varnish before starting the marker work. Klear (future floor polish) works well for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this idea, off to Michaels I go!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors