Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dark Eldar Scourge Conversion and my Son's painting

 Here are my first attempt at some scourge conversions.  I finally found a head that I like.  As you can see, it is a Kroot head, with the mandible removed.  I liked the bat wings because a)I had 10 un-built gargoyles, and b)they looked cool.  I will fill in the neck with greenstuff before too long.
I may need to fix the pose on this one.  You can see wych arm, kroot upper head, sawed-off splinter rifle=shard carbine with kroot shoulder sling.
I like this one with the kroot legs as well. He is holding a heat lance which you can tell is a sawed-off splinter cannon with a dental mixing tip on the end.  Needs magnets.
 Here are some head variations I went through before deciding on the final one.  You can see the dark eldar with the spines-looks too indian.  The greenstuffed beak would be great if I was looking to make Donald Duck. You can also see a good top view of my son's angels sanguine marine.

I wanted to have bird men with faces like that in the codex.  By removing the lower half of the head of the kroot, it made for a lot smaller head that fit with the size of the dark eldar.  I also wanted to make the squad in various stages of augmentation.  I thought I would have a few with kroot/birdman legs, a lot with bird heads, maybe some dark eldar heads with kroot spines coming out the back, or a helmet with spines breaking through the back.  I also want to add some adrenaline injectors in the shoulders like in the fluff and drawings in the codex.  I am also going to magnetize the gun variants to be able to swap them out as I see fit, or as they change the rules and make certain guns less effective.
 And here are a couple of my 11 year-old son's paint jobs on his angels sanguine army.  I think he did great.  He painted, assembled, and based them all by himself.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, those look great! I wouldnt have known those were kroot heads if you hadnt told me. And I bet once they're painted they wont look anything like kroot heads. I love the way you posed them. Very dynamic! Wouldnt want those swooping in on me on the battlefield!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adrzej. I am excited to try them on the battlefield. They are definitely a work of love as each takes about an hour or so to cobble together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those scourges. In fact I will probably like these more than I will any feathered wings as shown in the codex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Natfka. I was starting to wonder if people liked them or not. I have 8 done, and have added some other bits to them. Should be posting soon.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors