Friday, February 8, 2013

Wraithseer and lynx in Progress

 Here are some projects I have been working on.  I still have some work to do on the wraithseer.  He has been a lot of fun to paint.  I started with a grey primer-a must for working with resin.  Then a cream colored spray paint.  I learned that when you get a good look with your airbrush, PUT IT DOWN.  I had a great fade from cream to brown on the wraithseer, and then wanted to add just a bit more, and ruined the whole effect.  After trying to recreate it, I was not quite as happy with the result.  Then I did a heavy gold drybrush across the whole thing, followed up by a wash of gryphon sepia.  I tried to draw attention to the face and gun barrel by making it almost white.  The spear needs some work, as does the base, and some touch-ups on the seer himself.



The lynx has only been airbrushed.  I like the blue/light blue effect I have going so far.  The sonic lance is magnetized to replace it with a pulsar whenever I get my hands on one.  

 Dang thing has a bend in the end.  I have warmed and bent it about 5 times, and have given up.  Same things on the vanes.  Warmed and bent them about 5 times, now I just put up with the bend.  Need a larger backdrop.

 

4 comments:

  1. Royce, this is maybe my favorite model you've ever done. I love the contrast of the dark body with the head and gun and blue shoulder pads. Simple, clean. It's awesome. It looks ancient. That model is so cool. Can't wait to see the tank done. Sorry the gun won't go straight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you Aric. Does texting not work anymore for you? Been busy lately? Royce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the praise. I like how it came together. I am going to paint my wraithguard like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a tip the key to bending that gun straight is to heat it up then immediately put it in ice water to set it straight or else it will just go back to how it was before

    ReplyDelete

Contributors