Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wraithlord #2



Here is my second new style wraithlord. I always liked the kneeling rangers and Tau firewarriors. I thought a heavy weapon wraithlord would be great kneeling with the gun-grip hand. I cut the leg off just below the kneecap and pinned it. I have found that the pin vise works better than the dremel for pinning plastic figures. The plastic is so soft that it tends to melt with a dremel and give you a horribly large hole. The pin vise works great if you have a wire and drill bit that are very close to the same size.
I also put the back wings in a lower position as if they were articulated and he had them down for ballance.





I put both flamers on the left weapon mount, and glued down a few bits of metal sheeting down to hold the magnetic weapons in place. The hand has the nail heads from the earlier post. I also added the hip armor plates to the arm to make him look a little more armored.





4 comments:

  1. Great looking site and fantastic looking conversion there, can't wait to see it get painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pose you've gotten on the Wraithlord, very full of character. You've got some wonderful minis on here and they're all very well painted. Love your Autarch on the Jetbike, that's a brilliant model you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY SMOKES! Best conversion I've seen in a while. The kneeling pose looks real. I can't wait to see it in real life.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors