Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dark Eldar Grotesques WIP part two


Here are some shots of how I made the backpacks.


First, I got some cheap nails from Home Depot, cut the heads off for magnetizing something, and use the nail for pinning.

 Here is the Grotesque with a greenstuffed head, and two nails in his back for support of the backpack.  This is so that it doesn't fall off.  I could just see myself building and painting these suckers up, and then one fall off of the table, and the backpack would drop off.  So the nail will stop that.

Next I built up hot glue around the nails.  This will later be covered with green stuff for shaping and painting.

 This guy's backpack is all greenstuff.  I took the hook out of his right hand and gave him another tentacle. I added some parts off of a gargoyle, smaller fish hook with blood angel head, and adjusted his stance to make him more level.



 I traded his sword for an axe made from a raider rudder.  I think it looks a little more brutal, and less sophisticated.



More hooks and chains.

 This guy actually has a sweet shield instead of the spear since I took this picture.





I made a vow to myself to not take anymore sloppy pictures.  My new background is a printout from an internet picture of a backdrop.  Now I just need to find where to get a real, cloth backdrop for some good pics.  A tripod really helps too.

6 comments:

  1. I can only guess how often I would stab myself on one of those hooks! Looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fish hooks! Yikes, I'd be afraid to handle the models, but it's a spectacular idea. Well done!

    Ron, From the Warp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good maybe just a bit small? Can't tell if they are on 40mm bases! Those talos/cronos kits are packed with goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dark Grotesques with a heart of pure evil. These Dark Eldar models instil fear into my dreams and a sinister shadow over my weekly themed top x "Sunday Best". Hope you don't mind the shout and thanks for sharing these evil monstrosities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking blog! I really like what you're doing with the grots. Very inspirational. I'll definitely be following regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again everyone.
    Chaos- they are on the larger terminator sized bases. The earlier post on them shows them against some wracks. they are pretty large, maybe even bigger than the original grot.
    Hotpanda-thanks for the recognition. Anytime you want to add me to your great site, I would be very appreciative.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors